Monday, August 22, 2011

ARTIST I LIKE: kelley mcmorris

It is so exciting to find an artist relatively early in their career and then have the pleasure of watching their career blossom. Such is the case with Kelley McMorris, illustrator and portrait artist extraordinaire. In 2009, I purchased a few gift certificates for custom portaits, to be given as wedding gifts, from her Etsy shop Drawworm. She was gracious, and lovely to work with and I knew she was going to find great success. Fast forward 2 years and Kelley has fully devoted herself to this career and gone back to school to study fine art. She has branched out, and while still offering custom pencil portaits in her Etsy shop, she now has her sites set on illustrating children's books. As an artist and parent, there is not much I love more than a excellent story with excellent illustrations. I think Kelley is going to take off in this field fast. What do you think?

No comments: